Jet JSSG-10 belongs to the category of specialized grinding and polishing machines and is designed for fine-tuning, dressing and sharpening of critical cutting tools, such as chisels, wood cutters, hand knives and electric planers etc.
The machine is equipped with two wheels mounted on a common shaft. It rotates through the gearbox from a small collector motor, the speed of which is continuously adjustable in the range from 90 to 150 per minute. Under the abrasive fine-grained wheel, a removable water cuvette is fixed, which allows for wet grinding. This process allows to combine good material removal rate with the complete absence of its heating and the accompanying “tempering” of the cutting edge. The steel adjustable guide acts as a hand-arm or bracket for fixing special holding devices (most of them are delivered separately) that help to maintain the required grinding angle. The second wheel has a leather rim and is designed for polishing using paste.
– Grinding wheel 220G;
– Polishing leather circle;
– A bar for cleaning the grinding wheel;
– A device for fine-tuning carpentry tools and knives;
– An angular gauge for setting the angle of grinding and an angle indicator for measuring the angle of sharpening of the tool;
– Polishing paste for leather circle;
– Guide rod for tool support and fixture attachment;
– Instructions on DVD.